I don’t know about you, but I love quizzes and reading other people’s answers to them, too. I’ve been seeing this particular quiz circulate a lot on Facebook and decided to post it here, along with a TBR pile update!
Forty Odd Things about Me:
1. Do you like blue cheese? ABSOLUTELY
2. Do you eat red meat? Sometimes
3. Do you own a gun? Yes
4. What flavor Koolaid? I don’t drink Koolaid
5. What do you think of hot dogs? I’m ashamed to admit that I like them… and I put ketchup on mine, which in Chicago is basically a cardinal sin (I refrain from using ketchup publicly!!).
6. Do you read food labels ? I’m gluten-free so… yeah all the time.
7. What is your favorite movie ? Either Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings, or Pride and Prejudice (both the BBC version and the 2005 version).
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Water or Yorkshire Gold tea with a little milk and honey
9. Can you do a push up? Maybe like 1
10. What’s your favorite jewelry? A simple shell necklace I bought from H&M a few years ago.
11. What is your favorite hobby ? Reading, journaling, photography, cooking
12. Do you have ADD? Nope
13. Do you wear glasses? I wear contacts.
14. What was your favorite cartoon? I lived for Arthur.
15. Name three things you did today: Pregnancy-safe ab workout, snuggled with my cats, and misted my orchids (I’m such an old lady).
16. Name 3 favorite drinks: Rooibos tea, Gibson cocktails, or a latte.
17. Current worries: Not really a “worry” but I’m really excited to find out the gender of my baby next week!
19. Favorite place to be? Door County, Wisconsin
20. How did you bring in the New Year? I drank champagne with my husband while we watched a movie (I didn’t know I was pregnant then…!)
21. Where would you like to go? India
22. What are one of your fears? Elevators… I’m very claustrophobic
23. Do you wear slippers ? I usually wear flip-flops around the house.
24. What is your favorite color? I am obsessed with black and white.
25. Do you like sleeping in satin sheets? Nope. I like good ol’ cotton sheets.
26. Can you whistle? Nope
27. Where are you? Taking a break at work, so in my office.
28. Would you be a pirate? I love the idea, in theory, but getting caught meant that you would have been up against some pretty horrible punishments (drawing and quartering? Hell no). But I love pirates…
29. Favorite food ? Scallops… sushi… Eggs Benedict… my mother in law’s rice and beans… my mom’s honey glazed carrots.
30. Favorite soda? Root beer or cream soda
31. Vanilla or Chocolate ? Chocolate
32. Current occupation: teen librarian
33. Last thing that made you laugh ? A Facebook message from a friend
34. What’s your favorite animal? Cats…
35. What’s your most recent injury? I cut my pinky chopping fruit last week.
36. How many TVs in your house? 1
37. Worst pain? Not currently in any
38. Do you like to dance? Mm not really. Not while I’m sober…
39. Are your parents still together ? Yes they are
40. Camping or Disneyland ? Camping!
Reading the Harry Potter series since the beginning of the year has pretty much dominated my reading energy and while I absolutely LOVED the series, I am glad to have more time to read other things.
I just finished Maggie Stiefvater’s new upcoming YA standalone, All the Crooked Saints. It was definitely unexpected and different from her writing voice in The Raven Boys, but still recognizably Stiefvater. Dawn, over at Bang Bang Book Blog, and I will be podcasting our review of it sometime next week. We podcast weekly about all things YA novels!
I’ve also decided to start reading The Queen’s Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner. The author apparently started this series in the mid-nineties and then took a writing hiatus after a while. It seems like she’s back with a vengeance because the fifth book, Thick as Thieves, is ALL I have been hearing about on Twitter. So far I’m liking book one; it’s very traditional fantasy where the characters are on a journey and the journey is described in detail. The main character is such an ass, but it works and is entertaining. I’m still early days on this one but it’s going well.
Last book on my TBR list is Wicked Like a Wildfire by Lana Popović. All that I’m going to say about this one is that the writing is very beautiful, possibly metaphorical, and completely visual. I like that a lot, but I need to see where the story is going.
What is everyone reading right now? Happy Hump Day!