It’s time for Top Ten Tuesday! I love today’s subject, as nothing inspires me more than a good quote. Not only do they serve to uplift me, but a good quote can sometimes sum up the entire book so perfectly that you can’t help but marvel in their perfection. Alright… let’s get to it!
- “The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true.” –Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- “These were the names she whispered in the dark. These were the pieces she brought back into place. These were the wolves she rode to war.” -Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
- “I’d rather be treated with respect than treated like a lady.” –Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
- “I raised my face to the sun. My war had been so long, my winter so cold. But I had finally made it home. And for the first time in a long time, I was not afraid.” -Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys.
- “That’s the thing about silences and futures; someone always comes along to fill them in. If you let them.” –Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan
- “The first time I lay with the post boy was on a Sunday, and I broke three commandments to do it. Honor thy father and thy mother, thou shalt not lie, and remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy. Why couldn’t I stop counting all of my sin? It was as if I was craving the wrath that was to follow them, challenging it, if only to make certain that I was, indeed, alive.” –Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics.
- “If you’re a monster, I’m a monster.” –Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
- “She looked at them, at the three males who meant everything—more than everything. Then she smiled with every last shred of courage, of desperation, of hope for the glimmer of that glorious future. ‘Let’s go rattle the stars.’” –Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (I had to choose two!!)
- “I wished that love could be simple, that it was always given and returned in the same measure, equally and at the same time, that all the planets aligned in a perfect way to dispel all doubts, that it was easy to understand and never painful.” –The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
- “There are two kinds of guilt: the kind that drowns you until you’re useless, and the kind that fires your soul to purpose.”-An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
What are some of your favorite quotes? All of these books mentioned are incredible, check them out if you haven’t already!